Saturday 3 April 2010

Some things are timeless


I bought my first pair of black patent stiletto heels as an art student in the 1980s. They came from a venerable old Dublin department store (Arnotts or Switzers I think) and cost 40 Irish punts (pounds) at a time when I was on a budget of a tenner a week (including meals and transport.) They were totally inappropriate to my lifestyle. I remember my classmates' bemusement when I turned up with them in the studio. Somewhere along the line they disappeared, probably to that great charity shop in the sky (more likely that great charity shop on the Uxbridge Road.) The above are a later incarnation. Like their predecessors, these BPSHs are from a venerable Dublin department store (Clerys). The reaction when I wear them nowadays is considerably more understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: