Wednesday 6 October 2010

Southern gentleman style


When I recently posted here for the first time about mens' shoes (camouflage Converse trainers) reactions were, well, mixed. Vadim in Moscow commented, "Why is it always this way? High heels, velvet – all for girls, and when it turns to mens' shoes, here we are: bloody sneakers!" David in London said, "If a shoe does not last 15 years I am disappointed." Well, ShoeClub fans being such an exacting bunch, I certainly hope I can make amends with this post.


The handsome burnished calf dress shoes above are by Sid Mashburn of Atlanta, Georgia. These are "Double Buckle Monk Strap Shoes," cap-toed with a double sole. Their proud owner, my friend George, had them delivered last week. According to the website, Mashburn shoes "are handcrafted using Goodyear Welted construction involving over 200 highly skilled operations." George tells me they are actually benchmade in England and all the details on the inside are hand written by the cobbler (see below).


Sid Mashburn promises it will ensure you are "properly dressed and properly served" – and, obviously, very properly shod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: